Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wednesday edition of Modern Monday

I finished the last three of my Modern Monday blocks yesterday!

Here are blocks 62, 63 & 64:


So I copped out a bit with #64. It is just a 6.5" square of one of my favorite pink print. Jenifer said to do whatever we wanted for the last block and that it would be our signature block. I laid all of my blocks up on my design wall to see if there was anything I really felt needed to be added. There are several other blocks I can use as my signature block and no great ideas for pieced blocks occurred to me. The only thing I felt was lacking was a very simple square so that is what I did.

Here are all of my blocks. These are right out of the bag, no arranging was done.


Originally I thought I would not sash these blocks and sew them together as Jenifer suggested. But then I saw Caroll's blocks all sashed and they look wonderful! She used three different sashing fabrics instead of the recommended two fabrics. I love it with three! I think that might be what I do too, I don't know. I'm going to leave them up on my design wall for a few days to see if anything else occurs to me. If not, I'm going to use white, ash and medium gray Kona solids as my three colors.

Caroll said that she has finished her quilt. Go to Attic Window Quilt Shop blog to see it.




2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love how your blocks look together and can't wait to see the finished quilt. I copped out on those last few blocks myself. I bet no one can tell which ones I didn't do...well, maybe. I like your "M" and am thinking I should have done that one.

Mama Pea said...

When I saw this on Flickr, I teased you about that last block, saying the sewing looked pretty complex. LOL. I loved Caroll's use of three different sashings. That was amazing. I can't wait to see what you do!